One of my less finer moments...


We've come out of hibernation this week, and it has been so nice! Just being able to open the blinds and let the sunshine in has been great! Now when they see sunlight, the kids (Will especially) think we need to be outside. We took a picnic lunch to the park today after we picked Will up from school. It was so nice to take a walk, let the kids swing, and watch them just run free! We did have a bit of an incident at the park today though. Will was running around on the park equipment and I heard him start crying. He came over holding his ear and I saw that it was really red and had a cut that was bleeding. He said that another boy hit him. I don't quite know what came over me, but I marched over to that little boy (who looked pretty scared) and asked him if he hit Will. He just nodded yes. The other boy's mom was next to him pretty quick and said that they had collided. I was just so afraid that the boy had hit Will with a stick or something. I'm not sure if the boy "hit" him just from running into him or if he deliberately did it. We quickly got our stuff together because I didn't know if we were going to need to go get some stiches or not. Of course, Sammy was upset because I was frazzled, which did not help matters! (I know that some of you are not surprised about my reaction because I occasionally have a mild overreaction in emergency situations. I was definitely not gifted with calm, patient reaction to medical emergencies like Stacy and Mom!) Once Will realized he was bleeding on top of it just hurting terribly, there was a whole new round of tears. (Not at all like his mother!)

Anyway, after my "crazy mom yelling at another kid who's not mine" moment, and frantically rushing the kids to the car, we got home, surveyed the bleeding, swollen ear, and decided against stiches. I dosed him up with Tylenol and put ice on it. He even let me clean it up with alcohol!

It was a pretty sad end to our fun park play day. Hopefully next time will be better!!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

I'm glad to hear Will didn't need stitches! Way to stand up for your boy! A mom gotta do what she's gotta do!