EMG

For my description of my recent EMG at the neurologist's office, I've chosen to reference Jack Bauer from 24. (Although I do not enjoy this show, my husband and parents are addicted to it so I have been exposed.) So, as I begin, I ask you to create a picture in your mind of Jack tasering someone or being tasered. Got it? Ok! So, whatever you pictured, now picture me being the one who is being tasered. Not once, not twice, but over and over. And while Jack Bauer will give the enemy warning before activating the taser, my EMG tech decided it might be better to start to count to 3, but go ahead and shock me on 2. Other times she would say, "ok, last one." Then do it like 3 more times after that real quick! OOooowww! So as my hand was flailing, I had orange x's drawn all over my arms and hands, and I was being repetitively tasered, the lady was asking me what I was doing this weekend! I so wanted to say, "Apparently, now I'll be spending my weekend recovering from my electric shock injuries." Instead I just told her about Sammy's upcoming birthday party. It was just a horrible experience! Oh, and there's more! After horrible enemy number 1 left, then in came the actual neurologist (who I really do like a lot!). Anyway she decided that it would probably be a really fun and interesting idea to jam a needle into my palm, ask me to press my thumb up against her hand, then move the needle around a lot to read my nerve "traffic"! Hey, no problem! So after repeatedly jamming a needle into both palms, and various areas of my arm, she concluded that I just have a vitamin D deficency and some major muscle tension. ARE YOU KIDDING? I just went through POW torture to hear THAT!! When she asked if I wanted to schedule a follow up, I just told her I thought I was alright. NEVER AGAIN!

No comments: