So many blog ideas, so little time! That's how I feel lately! I get super fab ideas throughout my day for my blog, but then the day goes by and they escape me, or at least the specific details do... I'll just try to recall some from the past few days.
Last week I had Will's conference (along with my students and my practicum student). Along with some great comments about his progress, they suggested dismissing him from his IEP. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I went from apprehension, to glee, to nostalgia. Afterward, I came home and looked through all of the old papers, reports and evaluations from not too long ago, bawled, and laughed with pride. It is just gut wrenching to relive that, but how very powerful to realize the importance of early intervention! By diving in head first into a 4 day program and surrounding him with peers, he is not only meeting higher-level academic goals, but becoming a leader of his class. (short break for happy dance and cartwheel!!!) So, will we never face any challenges again? Well, does any parent ever not face any challenges? Well, there you go!
On to Sammy Lou. We have achieved potty success! She has officially gone 2 weeks in panties, with only a few accidents. It was honestly like she decided she was ready one day, and there we were! She is 2 weeks from her 3rd birthday, and every single bit a 3 year old. (you know 3 is the new 2, right?) We are deep in the princess party plans. She asked for pancakes for her meal, so that's what we're planning on! Every time we ask what she wants, she says princess stuff. A few other things I've managed to coax out of her are: new crocs, clothes, babies, swimming baby, coloring books, and princess anything.
Ok, next subject, I am mere months from completing my masters in special education. I just found out that I achieved a snazzy gold rope that I could wear if I chose to "walk" in graduation ceremonies. I do have to note that this is special ed., and I feel certain there have been several accomodations made on my behalf in order for me to achieve a 4.0.
What else???? Oh yeah, I'm recovering well from my recent horriffic EMG experience. But actually I did my Wii fit this week, and haven't been able to properly walk or sit all week. Can you say get off of your booty and move Patsy?
So excited for Easter weekend. Will is mesmorized by the story of Easter. He's really just happy that Jesus is in Heaven now, and that he gets to see him since he's in his heart, of course!!! (everybody sing...."HE LIVES, HE LIVES................YOU ASK ME HOW I KNOW HE LIVES, HE LIVES WITHIN MY HEART!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment