Family Vacation

There's so much to write about our trip to NC, I hardly know where to begin! After a great airplane ride there (2, actually) we hung out at Stacy and Kevin's for the first night. The kids had a ball swinging on Viv's swing set. Eddie and Staci got there that night and we had a big party! The kids all got presents, and we gave mom her surprise for the weekend: A weekend trip to a beach house on Bald Head Island!










We drove to the island the next day for a beautiful, relaxing weekend! It was Sammy and Will's first time to see the ocean and play on the beach. They loved playing in the sand, but weren't too crazy about swimming in the ocean! It was so good to be all together! The kids had so much fun playing with Uncle Eddie and Aunt Staci! Viv, Sam, and Will were, of course the center of everyone's attention. Tooling around the island every day on golf carts, hanging out on the beach, cooking great dinners every night, and laughing a ton made for a perfect weekend! When we asked Will what his favorite part of our trip was, he said it was riding on 2 airplanes! It was definitely tough to come back to the real world. I think mom had a good 50th birthday! I attached a bunch of pictures below. I just couldn't narrow it down to 1 or 2.
(And, no Sam and Viv aren't drinking and toasting with wine! It's lemonade, I swear! But they thought they were too cool!)

No comments: