Day after vacation

As I thought about what to write on this post I thought it might be comical to give you a glimpse of my day post-vacation:
6:30 Sam wakes up. Ryan brings her in to (hopefully) sleep with me some more.
6:32 Will wakes up, walks in, lays down on the other side of me to (hopefully) sleep some more.
6:35 Both kids awake and ready to watch cartoons and take a bath. Choice time starts for the day!
6:40 In the bath, with the choice being made to bathe first before cartoons.
7:00 Cartoons!
7:20 Breakfast time! What? No food? No milk? "Ok, kids, would you like ice water or tap water? Bread or toast?"
8:00 take Will to school, pray the hearing/vision screening goes well
8:30 Go to store to buy food for children
9:30 Get home, unload groceries. Sam is happily playing in the car. (Door open, keys out) I'm elated that I actually get to unload car and put groceries away all at once!
9:40 go out to car to get Sam who has managed to quietly write with a pen all over driver's side door! Quick thinking: don't get mad, at least you got groceries put away!
9:42 Clean driver's side door with minimal success
9:45-10:45 Do as many loads of laundry as humanly possible in an hour
11:00 Leave to pick up Will. *Give Sam gum
11:15 arrive to pick up Will. Sam has fallen asleep with chewed gum in hand. (I think "At least it's not in her mouth where she can choke!")
11:25 Will out of school. Did his hearing test wearing headphones with NO opposition. Did small cartwheel in the parking lot! (Not really)
11:45 arrive home, unload from car, Sam wakes up, I wonder where gum has gone, but don't worry too much
12:00 begin lunch
12:10 Sam comes to me kinda whiny pulling at her neck. I immediately think she's been bitten by deadly poisonus spider so I put her on the counter, look at her neck, and spot a large, green, sticky, blob. Oh, there's the gum! Lovely! There's no point trying. I grab scissors, trim the gum from her hair, and continue making mac and cheese.
1:30 naps
1:45 Check master's classes information, and discover that I have 4 assignments and one test due yesterday! Quickly skim chapter, pray that I can pass the test, do 2 of 4 assignments, 2 loads of laundry, unpack suitcases, clean up lunch, pray the kids sleep until 5:00 so I can keep going!

4:00 Sam up
4:30 Will up
Not too bad!
5:00 more laundry, vacuum, dinner
7:30 bed time
7:45 Ryan home to say good night (after fun meeting)
8:00 Decide to check e-mail and blog instead of finishing 2 past-due assignments

Man, I love vacation, but coming home afterwards is quite an adjustment! Oh well, it was so worth it!!! The vacation pics are soon to come!

No comments: