Allow me to give you a glimpse into my morning last Wednesday. (So wish I had a picture of it!) As I was diving into a busy day of paperwork and teaching (lather, rinse, repeat), I was surprised with the following message from Sammy's preschool teacher entitled "Skirt":
Good Morning! Just wanted to let you know that Sammy showed up this morning with a blue shirt and tights but no skirt………I asked her if she forgot something and she said “I didn’t have a skirt at home”
I really just can’t stop laughing :-)
With my naturally calm, cool reactions, I immediately dialed her teacher's direct phone number. I WAS DYING!!! As it rang I just prayed I read the message wrong, or she was really wearing leggings. Her teacher picked up laughing and confirmed my fears. Sammy was, in fact, not wearing a skirt, or pants, or anything of the sort, unless you count the navy tights she had on. I was digging for my keys in my purse while talking to her thinking I would zip home and get Sam some pants to wear. Thank God they had a change of clothes I had sent and stuck those pants on her.
So, now the back story. The night before, Sammy and I had our usual outfit "discussion" before bed. She wanted to wear a shirt with Christmas trees on it with a skirt and tights. I tried to explain to her that the shirt did not match the tights, but she was not having that! I tried for other outfit options, but she wasn't budging. What ended up being layed out was the Christmas tree shirt and the navy tights (with argyle down the sides, no less!). I assumed that Ryan would help her pick out a skirt or alternative pants the next morning. Boy, was I wrong!
When I asked Ryan about what Sammy was wearing, he said he thought it was fine! No pants! Not fine! I guess I learned my lesson: Never leave the children's wardrobe choices to my fashion-challenged husband! We got some super good side-splitting laughs out of it, though!


No comments:
Post a Comment