

We are so excited to introduce Olivia Lea Huggins Petzold!
She was born one week ago, April 28, 2010 at 8:05am. She weighed 8lbs. 4.5 oz. and was 20inches long.
It was such an amazing experience welcoming her last week. Not knowing the gender of the baby was so great! It was just awesome hearing Dr. Sheridan say "It's a girl!" I honestly could not believe it. The tears started immediately! I think mostly because we just were thinking boy. Everyone seemed to think boy so that was just what we thought too. I never really had a strong feeling one way or the other.
The next best thing to meeting her that first time was introducing her to her brother and sister. Will and Sammy had spent the morning with Papa (Mom was with us in the OR). When Dad brought them to the hospital we had just barely gotten to our room. The walked up to the bed and I was holding her. Will said, "Is it a boy?" I just said, "This is Olivia." Sammy beamed. Her wish for a sister came true!! Will took it well, and has been absolutely amazing with her ever since.
We had a pretty good hospital stay, and brought Olivia home on Sunday. We are tremendously blessed that Mom and Dad took so much time from their work schedules to have the kids for most of the week. We are all so happy to be home together and adjust to this baby thing one more time! Olivia is a precious gift, and we are loving every moment!









No comments:
Post a Comment