WILL, defined

I recently conducted a little research experiment attempting to define Will. (Sounds funny, I know!) One of my classes this past semester focused on Partnerships with Families of children with disabilities. It was an excellent class. We had lots of great guest speakers who were parents of children with disabilities. I am the parent of a child who is about to be exited from Special Education services at 4 because of his incredible gains (and his super-smart brain!). My point in collecting this information was to prove to the students in my class that parents know that their child faces challenges, the teacher doesn't need to constantly remind them of that. Children with special needs are not defined by the characteristics of their disabilities. No part of my son is defined by the challenges that he may face. He is defined by all of the words below.
Will is...
Beautiful
Inquisitive
Happy!
Gentle
Leader
Curious
interested
Precise
Sweet
Friendly
Helpful
Funny
Attentive
Empathetic
Confident
Adventurous
Energetic
Caring
Loving
Spiderman
Joy
Energy
attuned to his surroundings
loves to learn
gentle-hearted
kind
I enjoy having a personal relationship with a neat kid, it feeds my soul.

LIFE
LOVE
MIRACLE

1 comment:

Clean and Classic Interiors said...

That's AWESOME Patsy. I love it. (I just didn't know spiderman was an adjective! But I know it so defines him!) Sounds like everyone could benefit from your class and your project...