What a fabulous Mother's Day it was! I got to sleep in (not really, but I didn't get out of bed first), I got breakfast in bed, the kids and Ryan gave me some wonderful cards, we got to stop by Starbucks on the way to church, the kids made sweet little crafts at church, I got to get a manicure and a pedicure, and we got yummy Chili's take out for dinner. Every time I thought I wanted to take the day off, all I could think is I wanted to hang out with the kids. Just as when Mom and Dad take them for the night and we walk around lost all night!
I just thought this Mother's Day about all of the women who have been such phenomenal examples in my life. First, and greatest, is my own mom, who continues to show me what a great mother is. Others that come to mind are my sister and cousins who love their babies with unconditional love. I have two fantastic grandmas who have had 4 and 5 children, 8 and 14 grandchildren, and 6 and 10 great grand children, they are amazing women.
When I get frustrated or think I can't do it all, I think of these phenomenal women. That keeps me going.
I received a mothers day email from 3 different people this weekend, and the greatest part of it said
"May you always be overwhelmed by the Grace of God rather than by the cares of life"
Our children are gifts from God and the miracle of their very existence is overwhelming.

No comments:
Post a Comment