William


Today, when I got to Mom's to get the kids they were still napping. I took advantage and did a little reading for class. Pretty soon, Will came downstairs. He just looked so stinkin' cute! He had on one of Dad's t-shirts, actually one I wore when I was pregnant with him! He had that sweet, quiet look about him and he just wanted to sit on my lap. I held him and was reminded of when it was just him and I didn't work, or have masters classes, or another baby. I would sit and rock him for hours. For a second I just basked in that. I absolutely know that I am blessed to have another baby to hold. I know that I am blessed to have a fabulous job that I love, and a brain that gets pushed to the limit with daily challenges. I just know that I've heard too many mothers say that they miss the days when they could just hold and hug their babies. Thank God my babies still love to be held. But I'm already noticing it. Will won't kiss me without coaxing, and he kinda shy's away when I try to hug him when I drop him off for school. I've decided to try to treasure every moment they want to rock or sit on my lap. Everything else can wait!

No comments: