Recently, I've been faced with lots of challenging stuff. Our house flooded, I had to have an MRI and an EKG and tons of blood work because of some weird health stuff, I'm struggling through masters classes, and well, I'll stop there! Here's why...I know, first of all, that I am not the only one struggling and my problem is not the most important or the worst. In fact, these problems are peanuts compared to some people out there! I've often begun a pros/cons list when dealing with difficult situations to try to make a decision. That seems to help, but I think I'd like to just focus on the pros since those cons are going to get me nowhere! So here's my quick list. I'd love to hear yours too. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just spend time on the good as opposed to the bad? Last time I checked, dwelling on the bad gets you nothing but more bad. Who wants that?THE PROS
(in no particular order)
*our house is better than it was before it flooded
*my MRI was negative, in fact, I have a "beautiful" brain (were you doubting?)
*my heart tests were great
*I only have 3 months to go before my masters is completed
*I have a great husband (and he's really good at folding laundry, too!)
*I have a job!
*I noticed that gaucho pants are back this spring/summer, only $12 at Target; elastic, black, comfy, my kind of trend! (I may actually purchase a pair in each shade!)
*the kids have been healthy all winter
*I am challenged every day
*I am supported by a selfless and faithful family and friends
*I love the new book I'm reading
*I laugh every day
*Spring Break is next week!!
*Spring Break is next week!!
*I merely have to look into these faces to feel joy!


1 comment:
Oh friend we need to talk! I see you've got your lists started without me! There seems to be a lot going on and I hope you're okay. Maybe another coffee date is in order and sammy can babysit jonah!HA! Call when you can!
Post a Comment