I don't even have a picture for this one. I just had to write. Today was inaguration day for Barack Obama. Throughout this whole election process, Will has taken quite an interest. He knew the candidates, and tended to favor Obama. Today when all of the preceeding footage of the inaguration was on TV, Mom was telling him about how he was going to become president today. (I had already left for work.) She said he was really interested in it, and that he was going to tell his teacher that it was Barack Obama day. When I got home and said something about it, he said, "I know." like I was telling him way old news.
Tonight after we brushed teeth, he asked if daddy could be president. I said I guessed, but that he would probably just be his daddy. He thought that was a big enough job. I agree! A little bit later, he said, "Remember how I'm gonna be a daddy when I grow up?" I said yes, and then I just prayed that he didn't say he wanted to be president, too! Well, he said, "I want to be a pilot, too." I breathed a sigh of relief, and said ok. Pfew!

No comments:
Post a Comment