Smiling again



Last week I actually had a pretty good "come to Jesus" moment with my good friend, Virginia, the insurance lady. As we were looking at the more extensive damage that happened in the basement I told her that we noticed mold. She basically cut me off and said that mold is NEVER covered by insurance and that we were just very lucky that it all happened to be tied into the initial water leak claim. This was the first time that I could honestly say that I was thankful that this all happened to us! Oh my gosh! What if we hadn't discovered the other wet spots? We would have had mold growing in the basement, which could have turned into such a terrible problem! So, yes, I've griped, I've cried, I've snapped at way too many people because I was upset about the whole thing, but now I'm all better! I just really believe that this must have happened for a reason. How interesting that this time last year (almost exactly) we were moving into our home. Now it's almost like we're doing it all over again. Thank God we've been able to get so much of the put-back done so that now we can start thinking about moving back in. There's still a lot to do, and with two little friends in tow, working, and 12 hours of masters classes looming, it's like one step forward and two (or 10) steps back. We'll get there, though, and we'll be so much stronger for it!


We are so grateful to all who have helped us out one way or another! Thank God for family and friends!

No comments: