When October rolls around, among the pumpkins, and leaves, and costumes, there is so much being done to raise awareness for Breast Cancer. I love fall, and I love sharing pictures of my beautiful children and their fall festivities. I just have to take a moment to pay homage to the beautiful women in my life who have been effected by nasty, nasty breast cancer.
First, it was my Aunt Pam. Always smiling, always witty, always working. She was one of the most positive, vibrant people I ever knew. Breast cancer struck her and her family before all her kids were out of high school. She fought a hard fight, though, and she was able to see all three of them graduate!
Next, it was Grandma Moore. She went through some ugly treatment that left her sick and without hair. Her incredible strength won, though. Even on her toughest days, she fought. Last summer, we celebrated her 80th birthday!
One of my good friends from college, Amylee Ladner Tyler found out she had breast cancer when her first born son was only a baby. She was still breast feeding him. Amy fought until her baby boy was 2, and then lost her fight on January 13, 2010.
My Aunt Dianne is in a daily fight with breast cancer today. She has been through treatments and surgeries and rotten days. She has a beautiful granddaughter who brings sunshine to her days, and she's still fighting!
There are countless other women who's lives have been touched by breast cancer. When I think of them, I think about the blessed days I get to spend with my family. When I think about how I don't want to go work out, I think about how those women just couldn't even when they wanted to. When I have a rough day with my kids, I think about the days Amylee's baby Harrison is missing with his mommy.
I honor these phenomenal women today, and always!

No comments:
Post a Comment