So, you know how you get one of those darling craft ideas from Pinterest, you go to the blog, read the post from the perfectly groomed, skinny, pretty mother of 5 and feel inspired to redecorate, repaint, and repurpose every square inch of your home just as she has in one afternoon while her precious children napped? Me too! So I decided with the recent move, it's the perfect time for me to redecorate. It all started with our multi-family garage sale (aka-3 days of hell). Grandma had some awesome old pieces of furniture that I could just envision painted in my favorite, shabby chic fashion. I picked this old, broken skinny table that I could picture perfectly in the entryway. Are those table legs not the gratest?
Everything in my life seems to take one week to accomplish, so here's how this has gone. Week one: we had to fix it. And by we I mean Ryan, who fixed it beautifly!
Week two: Set up to paint it outside because my darling older children wanted to swim while my baby napped, so I had to watch them and paint. No prob, right? Well, it was great until I opened up the umbrella to reveal two gigantic wasp nests laden with wasps ready to attack. Naturally, I sprayed about a can of wasp spray on those nasty suckers, knocked down the nests, then began my project. I was trying out a new concoction of homemade chalk paint, which was pretty cool. Just some old paint (in my favorite yummy shabby chic creamy white color), plaster of paris, and water, and voila! Chalk paint! So I painted for about 3.5 minutes until Livi woke up, which led me to... Week three. More painting. (In the garage this time.)
![]() |
| Dead wasps |
![]() |
| Chalk paint in my favorite container: old coffee cans! |
Week four: sand and seal it. I was right, it is perfectly delightful in the entryway. I just threw some stuff on it for now. I think I'll hang a fab shabby shelf above it, but as I mentioned, that will take another week to accomplish!!
The moral(s) of this story is/are, painting grandma's pretty, old skinny table is totally worth it. And those perfect mommy bloggers who make it look so easy are giant liars! (Yes, that's a nerf bullet on the floor by my pretty new table. Story of my life!:-)






No comments:
Post a Comment