LOVE

Eight years ago Ryan and I were getting married! It was a truly perfect day. The wedding was great with no problems. We enjoyed every minute of it! The reception was still, to this day, the best one I've been to! Dad gave the greatest speech I've ever heard, everyone drank, danced, drank, ate, drank, talked, and drank some more! (I'm pretty sure Dad had to talk to the wedding coordinator about getting another keg and some more wine!!!)
It was a happy ending to a rough year. We had gone through a ton even before we were married! We built our first home, I taught my first year of third grade, we planned a wonderful wedding, and Mom got sick. The shock of watching my otherwise healthy 43 year old mom suffer a stroke, then suffer mini strokes and endure multiple surgeries was gut-wrenching. Celebrating our wedding always helps me to remember the love I have always witnessed from my parents, and the verse from 1st Corinthians 13. No matter what heartache, trouble, or struggles your endure, true love will always prevail.
Now we are no longer just a married couple, but a family! We have three beautiful, healthy children. They bring us the greatest joy each and every day. They show us 1st Corinthians 13 each and every day! We are so very blessed to have each other and these children we are blessed to raise! 
"Love never fails...."

No comments: