Spring Break '09

Well, we've survived another wild and crazy spring break! We spent our days here in big O-town doing pretty much nothin'. Gone are the spring breaks of the past when I would alternate years going on a far away trip with going to the lake. We ventured to Puerto Vallarta,Mexico in '95, and Hez was there to endure the torturous sunburn with me. Not to mention the torturous horse back riding escapade! I'll never forget spring break '96 driving my sweet blue Tempo through Laurie with "the Gang" on the way to the house, "Ireland or Bust" on the back windshield, and getting stopped for speeding, but getting out of it!! Oh yeah, and I may or may not have run over a DEAD dog on that road trip as well. Man, that Tempo could soar! '97 was senior spring break in Cancun. I believe it was 7 boys and 7 girls from good 'ol Stilwell Kansas taking on Mexico. Enough said. Mandy, Hez and I had a pretty fab trip to Padre Island spring break of '99, our sophmore year of college. I had to tell Dad about my newly pierced belly button after that trip! (At least it wasn't a tattoo!) We had our last vacation with just us five spring break of '00. We cruised for a week to Grand Cayman, Cozumel and some other places. The best part of that was the mass quantities of food we consumed. The worst part was the miniature closet that Stacy, Eddie and I had to share. Close quarters for sure! This year, the farthest we went was the Great Mall to see a movie. We frequented McDonald's at least 3 times, and did a lot of swingin' at the park. The weather here in Olathe was pretty great so it was a lot of fresh air and running around. I know one day I'll be writing about our wonderful family spring break to Colorado or Florida, but this one was really ok. Sometimes it is just so nice to sleep in (past 7am), cuddle up on the couch, one kid on each side, take your time to drink your coffee and not have an agenda. ahh, just writing that makes me take a deep breath. Monday brings with it work, more master's assignments, and school for Will. At least we've had this week to breathe!

No comments: